July 19, 2020

Easy Like Sunday Morning: Congressman John Lewis

The recent passing of Representative John Lewis is very personal for me.  My parents raised my siblings and I on the principals of non-violence, love and advocacy.   These principals is still hold true to my heart today.

I had the pleasure of meeting him in 2017 at the School Library Journal Magazine Leadership Summit    Needless for say, I was tongue tied in this picture and he drove the conversation!  I couldn’t believe that I was shaking the hand of the man my parents taught me so much about. 

When SLJ Magazine reached out to me for a quote, I found the appropriate words I wish I could have said that day.   A sincere thank you for his influence on my practice and advocacy for school libraries. 

Simply said, Thank you John Lewis for your love and sacrifice. 
"Read, my Child, Read!" | Remembering John Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment