February 5, 2015

I Blew My Book Budget!

I absolutely love this time of year!  I log onto the I Love Libraries website and listen with thousands of other librarians  across the country. You're probably wondering what are we listening to? Well it's the American Library Association's, Youth Media Awards, the librarians equivalent to the Oscars.

Sadly I have never attended one of the early morning ceremonies.  I've always listened online and screamed with delight when some of my favorites are recognized for their efforts to provide great reading books for children and young adults.

I spent about an hour online ordering books that either won awards or were related to books that I have not read this past year.  Yes, I blew my book buget for the month!  The following is a list of books that I ordered during that first hour after the ceremony.  I'm too embarrassed to tell you how many more books I have ordered since then. 

Here's the actual video from the awards ceremony.  Enjoy!

2015 American Library Association Youth Media Awards Press Conference:
http://youtu.be/M-ruMCY0EFQ

No comments:

Post a Comment