May 18, 2014

A Day in the Life of Libraries

#Repost from the Urban Librarians Unite Facebook page

Libraries Now: A Day in the Life of NYC’s Branches
By Jesse Hicks and Julie Dressner

For those who think libraries are becoming obsolete in the digital age, think again.  The foot traffic in public libraries across the country is astounding.   After watching this video highlighting the work that New York City public librarians provide, I began to think about my work as a school librarian.  I see so many similarities in the work we do.  I also believe Special Collections Librarians and Academic Librarians can also chime in....Libraries and Librarians are a resource that is needed in 21st Century America.   I hope you share my opinion after viewing the entire video.

No comments:

Post a Comment