October 13, 2019

Our First Makerspace Activity

I've been juggling over the last month.  Shelving books, searching for lost boxes of books from the move, decorating, hosting classes...it's allot.  Despite this, I was able to squeeze in our first Makerspace activity.  It served as a tester for a couple of ideas I have for the near future.  The students for the most part caught on to making a 3-minute butterfly.  There were students who had far more experience than their peers and me (I've never been good at making origami artifacts) These experienced origami creators jumped in and helped their classmates.  It was a fun to watch the students and we have so many butterflies, we can decorate in other areas of the library media center and school building.

I like this video because the pacing is perfect for following along while making the butterfly.




















No comments:

Post a Comment