March 4, 2014

The Breathing Zone

This app really works!

The Breathing Zone
Lately I've been in 'discovery' mode with the new iPads. Sometimes I'm successful, but more often I fail miserably. Frustration levels can get high and sometimes I feel like I didn't accomplish anything.  I really like The Breathing Zone app because it helps you return back to a 'normal' state of mind and just calm down.

This app works for me and I discovered that it works well with my students too.   My student *Stacy came into the Library Media Center, fired up about the typical 'girl' drama.  I immediately grabbed my iPhone, instructed her to sit down, close her eyes and listen to the breathing instructions.  After three minutes, Stacy came back from the edge of teenage drama.

I was really fortunate to catch this app when it was posted free for 24 hours in the app store.   For those who are considering purchasing this app, it is well worth the $3.99 price.  You can set the time, music and male/female voice in the settings.  In addition, there is a nice log that can track your progress over a period of time.  The breathing analyzer provides a deeper monitoring of breathing activity and encourages the user to meet goals for optimal breathing patterns.

Just try it!

*For privacy purposes, the student's name has been changed.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this! I am going to get this app right away! I think it will be good for me and good for students who might need help calming down.

    ReplyDelete